Commercial and Industrial Energy Choice Services
When it comes to finding the best electricity and natural gas rate for our customers, few can match EnerCom's knowledge of the electricity and natural gas markets. This experience allows us to find your best rates and maximize your utility cost savings.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Q: What are deregulated electricity and natural gas programs?
A: In the last 15-20 years, many State governing bodies, in a move to deregulate utilities and to lower electricity and natural gas costs, have allowed licensed competitive energy suppliers to compete with the public utilities by permitting discounts on electricity and natural gas rates.
Q: Does my utility remain in the program if I make a new supplier choice? Also, what will the utility continue to do for me?
A: Your utility will continue to be your utility and will provide you with your emergency services. Your utility will distribute your electricity and natural gas over their respective lines and pipes.
Q: Will I have a different status with my Utility if I change to a new electricity or natural gas Supplier?
A: Absolutely not! Your Utility must respond, repair, service and react the same as if no change had occurred.
Q: How long does it take from the time I sign with a new supplier until they provide me with electricity or natural gas?
A: Approximately 30 to 45 days. The changeover will be automatic and you will not experience any loss of service during this process. It is usually on your next billing date.
Q: Is there any cost for me to make the change?
A: No, unless you require an interval meter, which is rare.
Q: Can I obtain detailed information about any competitive electricity or natural gas supplier?
A: Yes. Operational and financial data, along with a draft of their contract, is available for each supplier from EnerCom.
Q: Is there a time limit for my decision, once I receive the proposal?
A: Yes, electricity and natural gas prices are market driven as part of the daily active commodity market. Contract decision timing ranges from 24 to 48 hours depending on the Supplier. Quotes may be renewed or refreshed subject to current market pricing. However, if you approve your saving proposal, you should be prepared to act quickly to secure your rate before the market changes.
Q: What length contract is available from competitive energy suppliers?
A: Contracts can be written month to month or up to 36 months depending on the Supplier.
Q: If I am required to have a competitive bid for electricity or natural gas, can EnerCom help me?
A: Yes, because of the nature of our searching the major Suppliers, EnerCom can fulfill this time consuming requirement. We always shop for you and when required by municipal charter will provide the results of our search. (EnerCom has signed up more than 50 municipalities)
Q: Why should I choose EnerCom and not deal directly with an competitive energy supplier?
A: EnerCom Inc. knows the enrollment process, the major suppliers involved, and their histories. Specifically, we shop the market for you. Obviously, it does not make sense to only deal with one supplier and not know if you are obtaining the best rate. And we:
- Are aware of their changing minimum and maximum volume requirements.
- Are aware of their credit requirements.
- Are aware of their enrollment procedures
- Are aware of forms needed to enroll your business in the best electricity or natural gas savings program.
- Will obtain your 12 months usage history from the utility for natural gas and electricity, or a letter of authorization (LOA) for the same information, in order to supply you with a no cost, no obligation quote.
- Will review all proposals and contracts from the best supplier to make sure they are correct and accurate and ensure that you receive the lowest rate based on your usage.
- Will be available to answer or obtain answers for any question you may have.
- Will research and quote all available suppliers at the same time to ensure you are receiving the best rate.
Q: Why should I choose EnerCom and not deal with another Energy Choice Agency?
- EnerCom is the leading and largest agency in the nation with highly qualified staff and experienced agents.
- EnerCom. has been in business since 1998, is an A+ accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and has an excellent Dunn & Bradstreet Credit Rating. We currently represent over 8,000 accounts across four states.
- Many energy choice agencies represent only one supplier. At EnerCom, we shop the market for you by comparing pricing options from approximately 30 major Suppliers in order to provide you with the best savings possible.
- Our agents are trained to serve with a professional, low-key, no hustle approach. EnerCom is not a telemarketing firm which attempts to sign you up over the phone.
- We realize you are very busy and need time to evaluate and arrive at a decision. Our representatives will always be available to address your concerns.
Q: Why should I choose EnerCom and not deal with an Energy Consultant?
- We do not charge you for our service. We receive a commission from the supplier you choose. Energy consultants, as a rule, charge you a fee. Some energy consultants may charge the above fee and receive a commission from the suppliers also, which may present a conflict of interest.
- EnerCom is not an energy consultant and does not claim to be one. Professional energy consultants are very helpful in assting a business to make the correct energy decisions. EnerCom's specialty is an extensive knowledge of the electricity and natural gas market, assessing the best competitive supply rate, and a personal knowledge of the suppliers. We are not involved in reducing energy cost through energy audits, replacing lighting, or adjusting energy demand. However, we will review and monitor your utility bills for future savings.
- A number of professional energy consultants realize when it comes to obtaining the best electricity or natural gas rate for their customer, our knowledge of the major suppliers is superior. All quotes for customers are obtained from the major suppliers, often the same day and usually no later than seven business days from submittal.
Q: Will my service be interrupted if I switch energy suppliers?
A: No. If you are currently receiving power from your current energy service supplier at a given location, you will not experience any interruption in service.
Q: Do I have to notify my energy supplier of my decision to switch?
A: No, it is not necessary to contact your current supplier. Once the request is made and completed, the process should seem "invisible" to you. Your new supplier will contact the utility and enroll you.
Q: Does competition affect the reliability of my service?
A: No. It does not matter which energy supplier you choose, your gas and/or electricity will continue to be delivered safely and reliably by your local utility.
Q: Who do I call if my power goes out?
A: You should contact your local utility. They are the company responsible for maintaining and repairing the wires, pipes and equipment in your service area. Below are some of the major utility providers listed by state.
Q: How do I find out what utility services my business?
A: You can find the name of your current utility on the electric or gas bill that you receive each month. Additionally, you can visit the Public Utilities Commission for your particular state. Links to the PUCs in the states that EnerCom services can be found below.